Your Privacy Is Important to Us
In the course of serving our clients and any users of our Website (“Site”), Crescent Crypto may collect, use, and share the Personal Data of such clients and users. Obtaining this information is important to our ability to deliver the highest level of service to you, but we also recognize that you expect us to treat this information appropriately.
By creating an account on our Site or by otherwise submitting Personal Data to us through our Site, you give your consent to the collection and use of your Personal Information as explained in this Policy.
This Policy is part of our Terms of Service and any defined terms used and not defined herein shall have the meanings given to such Terms of Service.
The term “Personal Data” refers to non-public personal information (NPI), that personally relates to or identifies you as an individual or entity. As used throughout this Policy, the term “Crescent Crypto”, “us,” “we,” and “our” refers to Crescent Crypto Asset Management LLC and our affiliates and subsidiaries.
How and Why We Gather Your Personal Data
When you sign up to participate on our Site, we collect several different types of information to transact your business and communicate with you. The typical information we collect about you may include:
- Information you provide to us: when you register for an account on our Site, complete a form, request information or to speak with us, or fill out documents related to one of our offerings, you may be asked to provide us with personal information, including your full legal name, date of birth, Social Security number and/or taxpayer identification number, source of wealth, investment experience and objectives, risk tolerance, phone number, email address and similar information.
Of course, you are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request. However, failure to do so may result in our being unable to open or maintain your account or to provide services to you.
Use of Your Personal Data
We may use your information to:
- Administer, operate, facilitate and manage your relationship and/or account with Crescent Crypto.
- Aggregate, analyze and monitor usage data so that we can provide, maintain, and improve our Site.
- Communicate with you by post, telephone, electronic mail, facsimile, etc., in connection with your relationship and/or account.
- Provide you with information, recommendations, or advice concerning products and services offered by Crescent Crypto.
- Facilitate our internal business operations, including compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations and internal policies and procedures.
If your relationship with Crescent Crypto ends, we will continue to treat your personal information, to the extent we retain it, as described in this policy.
Use of Your Personal Data
To protect your privacy, we limit the sharing of your Personal Data outside of Crescent Crypto. We conduct our business with great respect for the confidential nature of the information being provided. We will not share Personal Data about you except as outlined below:
- We may share your Personal Data with selected third parties including vendors, business partners, service providers, and sub-contractors we have hired to provide services for us. Each such third party is required to maintain the confidentiality of such information to the extent received and to use your personal information only in the course of providing the services, and only for the purposes, dictated by Crescent Crypto.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- We may share information with our affiliates if the information is required to provide the services you request. An affiliate is a company that we own or control, or with which there is common ownership with us.
- Under certain circumstances, your Personal Data may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations; for instance, when responding to a subpoena or similar legal process, to protect against fraud and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities or with organizations such as exchanges and clearinghouses.
Where you have provided personal information to us, you expressly consent to the sharing of such personal information with third parties for the purposes set out in this section.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Security of Your Personal Data
We use all reasonable efforts to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access but we note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We restrict access to information about you to those Crescent Crypto personnel who need to know the information to respond to your inquiry or request.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee confidentiality, ensure or warrant the security of the personal and other information you provide to us.
What are cookies?
Cookies are used primarily for administrative purposes, to track activity and to improve your experience with our Site. Examples of this include:
- To improve site security by “authenticating” you (i.e., verify that you are who you say you are) when you sign-in to our site.
- To keep track of your specified preferences such as language, time zone and timeouts after periods of inactivity.
- To allow you to navigate our sites more easily by “remembering” your identity so that you do not have to input your password multiple times as you move between pages or services.
- To conduct research and analytics to improve our Site and our products and services. This includes compiling statistical information concerning, among other things, the frequency of your use of our Site, the pages visited and the length of each visit.
Your cookie preferences
Cookies are necessary in order for you to be able to make full use of our Site. If you chose to disable cookies, some of our Site’s functionality might be impaired. To learn more about what cookies are set on your computer as you browse the Web and how to manage or delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Third Party Data Collection
We may authorize certain third parties (such as Google Analytics) to track usage and collect information about users and their activities on our Site. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and processes your data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
We are not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals or similar mechanisms. If we do so in the future, we will provide all relevant information in this Policy. DNT is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information, as defined by the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) Rule, from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Information for EEA Users
Where Crescent Crypto is a Controller of data under the EU’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) will have additional rights with respect to their non-public personal information (NPI), including the right of access, rectification, restriction, opposition, erasure and data portability (each, as defined by the GDPR). Where possible, we obtain and rely on user consent as a lawful basis for processing personal data. In some cases, Crescent Crypto may process and retain NPI pursuant to a legal obligation or another legitimate interest under the GDPR to protect your vital interests, the interests of Crescent Crypto, or those of another person.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Personal Data), please contact us using the details listed below.
Changes to Policy
This policy provides a general statement of the ways in which Crescent Crypto protects your personal information. You may, however, in connection with specific products or services offered by Crescent Crypto, be provided with privacy policies or statements that supplement this policy. This policy may be changed from time to time to reflect changes in our practices concerning the collection and use of personal information. The revised policy will be effective immediately upon posting to our Site. This version of the Policy is effective January 02, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding our handling of your personal information or our privacy policies and practices, please contact us at [email protected]